Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Messengers: True vs False - IV

Truly I say unto you, it is not everyone that says unto me, Lord, Lord, that shall enter into the kingdom of Heaven, but he that does the will of my Father who is in Heaven. For the day soon comes that men shall come before me to judgment, to be judged according to their works. And many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in your name, and in your name have cast out devils, and in your name done many wonderful works? And then will I say unto them, You never knew me. Depart from me, you that work iniquity. (Matthew 7:21-23)

Entry into the kingdom of Heaven requires obedience to God's commandments.

In the day of judgment there will be those who complain. Primarily it will be those who claimed to be teachers. Christ doesn't dispute their good works. Instead he says that they worked iniquity and never knew him.

Remember the promise – if you keep His commandments properly He will visit you. It may take some time as He proves you faithful in all things but He will do so.

But in the day of judgment there will be many teachers who did not keep his commandments and therefore were not visited by Him.

Even then this instruction applies to all and not just teachers as we see in the parable of the ten virgins.

    And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom comes, go out to meet him! … And they that were ready went in with him to the marriage, and the door was shut. Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us. But he answered and said, Truly I say unto you, you know me not. (Matthew 25:6, 10-13)

You need to know him. You will meet Him if show love for him by keeping his commandments. You will meet Him if you treasure His teachings and stand ready waiting for every word that He sends.

Before his return He promised to send true messengers to help you do so.

Therefore I would recommend you trust no man to be your teacher or your preacher save they be a man of God walking in obedience to all of his commandments.

Has Jesus Christ sent me? Has he called me to invite you to repent and be baptized? To warn you to flee the wrath which is to come as men in anger destroy one another? Is time truly short?

What a serious matter. Worth considering? I think so. Please read on.

    If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and upbraids not, and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering[.] (James 1:5-6)

    Next