Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Attributes - II

Where do you find the revelations which give us these ideas regarding the attributes of God? In the Bible.

Knowledge:

Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world. (Acts 15:18)

Remember the former things of old, for I am God and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, declaring the end from the beginning and from ancient time the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand and I will do all my pleasure. (Isaiah 46:9-10)

Faith or Power:

Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God. Hebrews 11:3

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. Genesis 1:1

The Lord of Hosts has sworn, saying, Surely as I have thought, so shall it come to pass, and as I have purposed, so shall it stand. For the Lord of Hosts has purposed, and who shall disannul it? And his hand is stretched out, and who shall turn it back? (Isaiah 14:24,27)

Justice:

Justice and judgment are the habitation of thy throne. (Psalms 89:14)

Tell ye, and bring them near, yea, let them take counsel together: who has declared this from the ancient time? Have not I the Lord? And there is no God else beside me, a just God and a Savior. Isaiah 45:21

The just Lord is in the midst thereof. (Zephaniah 3:5)

Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion, shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy king comes unto thee; he is just and having salvation. (Zechariah 9:9)

Judgment:

Justice and judgment are the habitation of thy throne. (Psalms 89:14)

He is the Rock, his work is perfect; for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he. (Deuteronomy 32:4)

But the Lord shall endure for ever: he has prepared his throne for judgment. (Psalms 9:7)

The Lord is known by the judgment which he executes. (Psalms 9:16)



Mercy:

Mercy and truth shall go before his face. (Psalms 89:14)

And the Lord passed by before him and proclaimed, The Lord, the Lord God, merciful and gracious. (Exodus 34:6)

But thou art a God ready to pardon, gracious and merciful. (Nehemiah 9:17)

Truth:

Mercy and truth shall go before thy face. (Psalms 89:14)

Long-suffering and abundant in goodness and truth. (Exodus 34:6)

He is the Rock, his work is perfect; for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he. (Deuteronomy 32:4)

Into thy hand I commit my spirit: thou hast redeemed me, O Lord God of truth. (Psalms 31:5)

Next