Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Perfection

You have heard that it has been said, You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy. But I unto you, love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them who falsely accuse you and persecute you, that you may be the children of your Father who is in Heaven; for he makes his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. For if you love only them who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the publicans the same? And if you salute your brethren only, what do you more than others? Do not even the publicans the same? You are therefore commanded to be perfect, even as your Father who is in Heaven is perfect. (Matthew 5:43-48)

It is impossible for us while mortal to be as perfect in all things as God is. We don't know enough. We're not intelligent enough. But I believe that this type of perfection is possible with His help. That we ought to strive to elevate our obedience to this standard.

Do you want to be a child of your Father who is in Heaven? Don't allow your enemy to stir you up to angry conflict with them. Don't revile or seek vengeance but instead, as Christ endured the whip of the Romans, endure. Trust God to bring your enemies to judgment should they not repent. Pray for God to have what mercy on them He can while asking God to remove from your heart all your enmity, malice, hatred, anger, and thirst for vengeance.

I believe sincerely praying for your enemy in this manner to be an act of love towards your enemy wherein you are doing good to them and blessing them.

At the start of this I bore witness that as part of a larger revelation Jesus Christ in 2017 spoke the following:

Cry peace. Proclaim my words. Invite those who will repent to be baptized and forgiven, and they shall obtain my spirit to guide them. The time is short and I come quickly, therefore open your mouths and warn others to flee the wrath which is to come as men in anger destroy one another. The wicked shall destroy the wicked, and I will hold the peacemakers in the palm of my hand and none can take them from me. …

Once I'm done expounding the Law of Christ (Sermon on the Mount) I'll get into the topic of God's character and attributes. Then I'll be sharing the revelation given in 2017.

I hope you'll read this blog to its conclusion in your effort to discern whether I speak the truth when I say Christ sent me to share His word and to invite you to repent and be baptized into a new dispensation of Christ's gospel to mankind in preparation for what is shortly to come.

Even if you don't, I hope you're beginning to see the scriptures in a whole new light and that you're beginning to recognize that you need to take them a whole lot more seriously than you may currently be doing.

One way or the other, you'll need to know if I'm speaking the truth. If I am, eternity hangs in the balance.

If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and upbraids not, and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering, for he that wavers is like a wave of the sea, driven with the wind and tossed; for let not that man think that he shall receive anything of the Lord. (James 1:5-7)

Having said that, there is still more of the Sermon on the Mount to go through so – onward.

Next