Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Sexuality - III

It has been written that whoever shall divorce his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement. Truly, truly I say unto you that whoever shall divorce his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causes her to commit adultery. And whoever shall marry her that is divorced commits adultery. (Matthew 5:27-32)

Marriage is ordained by God. It is not good for man to be alone.

And I, the Lord God, said unto my Only Begotten that it was not good that the man should be alone; wherefore, I will make a help meet for him. (Genesis 2:18)

Adam and Eve's marriage within the Garden of Eden was before death entered into the world. Their marriage was eternal.

So too it is possible for our marriages here to be preserved into eternity for those who are worthy of such a blessing. In fact, the greatest blessings God offers the faithful is itself completely dependent upon having a marriage worthy of preservation.

More on this topic is found in the third section of this blog within the revelation given by Jesus Christ in 2017.

God commands man to have only one spouse and no concubines. We may remarry if our spouse has died but all of us need greater light and knowledge. The only way it can be acquired is by heed and diligence to the commandments of God. Any other path is a diversion, intended to waylay a person and prevent him or her from developing as God intends. Those who think they can follow God and yet commit adultery are deceived and giving heed to a false spirit. It is impossible to be both on the path to greater light and also engaged in such a serious sin.

That aside, you may not agree with how I understand and apply these commandments. Still, I hope that a desire to spend more time pondering Christ's commandments in an effort to obey them is growing within you. Being visited by Christ and promised eternal life depends on it.

    He that has my commandments and keeps them, he it is that loves me. And he that loves me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him and will manifest myself to him.

    If a man love me, he will keep my words, and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him and make our abode with him. He that loves me not keeps not my sayings. And the word which you hear is not mine, but the Father’s, who sent me. (John 14:21,23-24)

    As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten; be zealous therefore and repent. Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If any man hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will eat with him, and he with me. To him that overcomes will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame and am seated with my Father in his throne. He that has an ear, let him hear what the spirit says unto the churches. (Revelation 3:19-22)

    Next