Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Law of Christ - II

    Therefore, whoever hears these sayings of mine and does them, I will liken him unto a wise man who built his house upon a rock. And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat upon that house; and it fell not, for it was founded upon a rock. And everyone that hears these sayings of mine and does them not shall be likened unto a foolish man who built his house upon the sand. And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat upon that house; and it fell, and great was the fall of it. (Matthew 7:24-27)

Worshiping God through music and song is all well and good but it is not enough. The will of the Father is that you keep Christ's commandments. Entry to heaven requires actual obedience to Christ's Law. This in turn requires you to be familiar enough with His law so as to live it.

Christ taught a sermon called the Sermon on the Mount. It is a replacement for the Law of Moses that he fulfilled and brought to an end. To my knowledge, it is the greatest instruction given by God at any time, to any generation.

    Truly I say unto you, it is not everyone that says unto me, Lord, Lord, that shall enter into the kingdom of Heaven, but he that does the will of my Father who is in Heaven. (Matthew 7:21)

Those who keep these commandments are deemed wise. They are they who enter the kingdom of Heaven. The alternative is being sent to hell. I would really like to avoid that and hope you do too.

There are good reasons for obeying Christ's commandments. Obedience leads to endless happiness, joy and peace and eternal life. The alternative is endless regret, failure, sorrow and suffering. This life is precious and what we do here matters.

I say God is doing something in our day that you're unaware of. I say I have been chosen and sent by Him to share His words with you and invite you to repent and prepare for what will soon occur.

If I'm a pretender I should be damned and sent to hell. God damn me to hell if I'm lying to you.

Therefore I will begin by elaborating of 'Law of Christ' as found in Matthew chapters five through seven. My hope is to impress upon you to take seriously Christ's teachings (commandments) and to entice you to then go on to read the second and third part of my blog. 

Please, read the second and third part of my blog.

Next